tirsdag den 31. marts 2020

Kend din krimiforfatter: Chris Carter

KEND DIN KRIMIFORFATTER: Chris Carter


1.    Where were you born and raised?
Brasilia, Brazil
2.    May we see a picture of you as a child (or young? – if yes, attach a picture with your answers)
I really don’t have one.  No jokes
3.    How was your family relations (Parents – what does/did they work with, older younger siblings – how many?
My dad was a doctor.  My mom a housewife.  I had an older brother who passed when I was 3 years old.  After that - an younger brother and a younger sister.
4.    Where did you go to school?
The American School in Brasilia
5.    What was your favorite subject?
Physical education and Biology.
6.    What was your worst subject?
Physics.
7.    If your friends from back then were to describe you, what would they say?
Loser.
8.    How was your youth? If you could give your 18 year old self a good advice – what would it be?
Don’t ever fall in love.
9.    Are you in a relationship (fx. married and to whom) or single?
Not anymore.  No.
10.  Do you have children? (How many, how old, gender)
No. None
11.  Do you prefer coffee, tea or something else?
Whisky, but in this question – coffee for sure.
12.  What is your favorite dish?
Steak.
13.  Which music is your favorite? (song, genre, group, soloist … whatever comes to mind) Do you use music in your books?
Metal, several different kinds.  Yes, I do use music n my novels.
14.  What are you passionate about other than being a crime fiction writer?
Music.
15.  What were you working with before becoming an author?
I was unemployed.
16.  What got you started on writing crime fiction?
A dream.
17.  How did it make you feel when you published your first book? How did you celebrate?
I felt great and quite scared at the same time.  My agent took me out for dinner.
18.  Something that everyone seems to like, but not you (music, food, books … anything that comes to mind)
TV series.  I hate watching series, but I guess it became a thing.
19.  Something that everyone seems to hate, but not you?
In the UK – peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches
20.  When has life hurt you the most?
September 1st 2019.
21.  When has life made you happy?
June 1st 2014, I started dating Kara.
22.  Do you read books yourself? If yes, what genre and do you have a favorite book and/or favorite author?
I do read, but very little.  One of my favourite books of late is I Am Pilgrim.  I don’t have a favourite author.
23.  Is there anything in your authorship that you wish to try forces with, but not yet have done or had the nerve to?
No.  Nothing.
24.  Do you have a bad habit?
I do everything that is bad.  Trust me.
25.  What do you think that you are crazy good at? (other than writing)
Partying.
26.  What do you do when you have to relax and pamper yourself?
Listen to music.
27.  Which one of your books are you most happy about/proud off? Why?
I’m proud of them all, but the first one, The Crucifix killer has a special place because it was the book that started my career and saved me from poverty.
28.  What’s the best part about writing crime fiction and what’s important for you in your books?
I love everything about being a writer.  It’s hard to pick just one thing.  Everything is important to me in my books – the characters, the plot, the twists, the revelations...  I give everything the exact same importance.
29.  Name a fun fact or more about yourself.
I’m terrified of spiders.
30.  How do you keep track of the ideas you get for your books, once you are not by your computer writing?
In my head.  I don’t have any notes, ever.  Not before or during writing a book.  I keep everything in my head.
31.  If the people closest to you, were to describe you today, what would they say?
Idiot.
32.  What surprises people the most about you, once they get to know you better?
I guess people say that I am generous.
33.  Where do you work the best and the most focused when you write?
In my office.  In my house.
34.  May we see a picture of your desk/workspace? (if yes, please attach a picture with your answers)
Sure. 

35.  Is there a sport that you like and/or a team that you support?
Not really. I don’t follow any sports or support any teams.
36.  What would you never write about in your books?
Paedophilia.
37.  Where would you prefer to go on a vacation?
Right now, anywhere would do.
38.  If you could meet a character from your books, who would it be and what would you tell them?
I wouldn’t. 
39.  What are you working on at the moment? Can you give us a bit of a teaser?
Nothing.  I have just finished "Written in Blood" and I was supposed to take some time off for myself, but Covid happened.
40.  The last question is yours. Is there anything you would like to say or to tell us about yourself or anything else? Here you can write whatever comes to mind.
Stay safe everyone.



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar